Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Peter 4:10


We are on day four of God’s mission here in Guatemala! I was asked on our way back into Cerro De Orro this afternoon what I thought so far. I cannot truly explain what I am thinking! What I do know is that God has been present every single day and with Him we cannot fail. Every single day since we left Seattle has been a blessing. To be here is surreal and I don’t think I will ever be able to wrap my mind around it. I can however wrap my heart around it. When you receive hugs, kisses, and love from complete strangers you are truly able to see how we are all His children and not really strangers at all.

Today was beautiful and I fell in love with each child we met. I wished that my family was here with me so that they could experience the joy that I did today. I know that Jordyn and Austin would have had a blast playing tickle war and soccer with all the kids. I have no doubt that all the kids would have fallen in love with Jeremy too and that they would have soften his heart in an instant. Missing them today!

It is so hard to describe what it is like to have 10 – 20 kids laughing, chasing, and loving on you. They want to sit on your lap, hold your hand, tickle you, love on you, and just be your friend! They follow you everywhere and if you sit down you are almost guaranteed to have one of them want to sit on your lap. Their laughter is contagious and so is their love.

“As each has received a gift, use it to serve one another, as good stewards of God’s varied grace”

– Peter 4:10

What I have found from spending a short amount of time here today is that I have reconfirmation that I was put here to serve others, particularly children. My heart is full!!! I wish I was able to write more but I truly cannot explain to you what is going on in this beautiful country. Every experience brings tears of joy! Every child I meet brings me closer and closer to the Lord and I pray that what we are doing here is being received. Each person on our team is bringing something special to this mission and each day reveals something new.

I cannot wait to get to bed and wake up and head back to the school tomorrow!

Katie Schaefer

1 comment:

  1. I'm really glad you got to go on this trip Katie. I'm excited that you have been able to see God at work in, around and through you in a different part of the world. Keep up loving on those kids in the name and power of Jesus. Thanks for posting.
    Pastor Kevin

    ReplyDelete